We live saturated with information with a wide range of nature. From whatever topic you choose to start within your preferred search engine, there will be millions and even billions of details, the content of every kind, color, and flavor. However, when it comes to choosing what seems most useful or significant, the amount is reduced abysmally. There are strategies and content curation sites to make this research work much more bearable and suitable for the short time you have in question of doing adequate research, without wasting time on repetitive or unnecessary pages, but also not falling into generalization or informative vagueness. It’s really about locating and organizing real content, never wanting to contribute valuable content or simply copy what we consider valuable at the moment
For this task, we have content curation tools that will help you make the process faster and more accurate, so you don’t have to immerse yourself in a world of fake news, scandalous notes, and SPAM. When content curation is executed correctly, social actions and links increase, and rankings improve. The following steps will help you get started. In this post, we will teach you how to optimize your search engine with the best content curation tools. However, before we dive into content curation, let’s take a look at all that it involves.
What is content curation about?
The idea behind content curation is to find and compile essential information on all topics relevant to the public and the industry around them. Basically, what has been created before is produced, whether by itself or by others. In addition, content curation only becomes meaningful when you include your own opinions on that way of perceiving the topic being referred to. This provides an incentive for your audience to consume your content that has gone through curation and return them to your site, instead of going to someone else’s.
Does your SEO development benefit from this?
The meaning of content curation is multiple and practically endless. This means that a well-executed strategy of content curation drives towards social actions, organic traffic, and better rankings by adding enough value to readers. Thus, for example, if you try to synthesize and mass interesting information for the public, it is par excellence the curation of content from social networks. Here you have discovered how to retain the attention of your audiences through dynamic, fun, or highly analytic resources and posts.
Thus, for example, following part of the television and radio format, each creator adds their character and especially their particular opinion, sometimes biased by the filters that occupy their audience, but usually something that requires less censorship than the previous communication. Through this example, you can see what a single video can achieve with excellent content curation. For example, this 10 Most Brilliant Criminals In History, a video with 3 million views, twenty thousand likes, and one thousand comments that still have a recent date. Imagine all the public traction that comes from there.
A good video on this platform generates for years and years enough relevance for it to be transferred into benefits for its creator, or in this case the content curator who transmits the information and gives it its own touch, something that no one could curate.
Factors Leading to Successful Content curation
Now let’s talk about what makes content curation a success. First, you should start by considering your audience and becoming aware of what attracts them. It is essential to understand the type of receivers you have and what is all that manages to drive them before being able to make an impact on them, to their sweet spot, their weaknesses, or their favorite tastes. As the goal of content curation is to add value by collecting and organizing content, it is important to contribute to the success of this information that is increasingly positioning itself in different media. It is important to act with the confidence that this will be truly useful to your audience and will transfer into a good diversity of outcomes.
On the other hand, it is also worth inspiring yourself with past success stories. It uses platforms with a lot of popular attractions to see what has worked well before, such as Reddit, Zest, HackerNews, Slashdot, Twitter, GrowthHackers, BuzzSumo, among many other quality content curation sites. Something important to note is that it’s okay to be inspired by successful curated content in other markets, but it’s not about copying them brazenly either.
Make sure your content curation works
When it comes to applying a variety of content curation tactics, it’s best to try different formats, such as articles, visuals, blogs, social media posts, podcasts, and videos in your presentations (direct, short videos, extended talks, even interactive videos). Only in this way can you find out what your audience is responding to. Don’t hesitate to try something different all the time, to fail quickly and get up with another thousand resources to exploit.
Why so serious?
Just so, "valuable content" doesn’t have to mean serious content. Take for example "10 Famous Funny Commercials", a video with 35 million views and almost twenty thousand comments that have a current date although the video was published three months ago. Whether it’s a comedy video compilation, you know what’s really fun? behind all the laughs, there’s an excellent level of content curation!
Content curation sites
1. Add events or articles: Many people don’t have time to navigate their flow of Twitter, Facebook news, RSS, and newsletter subscriptions. So here the act of curation involves adding content so that it can be easily understood at a quick but important glance. It should be mentioned that content curation can be applied to any niche, and we encourage you to consider all media: blog posts, newsletters, infographics, podcasts, and videos. The combination of these is also often most beneficial so that your audience is surrounded with your information constantly despite the platforms.
2. A synthesis process: reduce the long and complex information to digestible bits: Some people may not like or have the time to stroll through long and complex articles. Then the best thing to do would be to take better care of your presentation. So, for example, we have this article: Massive fire in the Gulf of Mexico extinguished, says oil co Pemex; longer and without any multimedia, unlike A Lightning Strike, Caused the "Eye of Fire" in the Gulf of Mexico, that provides a short video about what they are talking about and is much more accurate; in comparison one is better ranked in Google than the other.
3. Commissioning results: conducting surveys and aggregating results is another great example of content curation. In this case, you’re structuring your audience’s responses into valuable content. Examples of this can be seen on sites such as Reddit and Instagram, or specialized blogs on a specific topic. So, we have subsections on Reddit that can take you to a whole community of like-minded people, such as the popular section of r/NoStupidCuestions, in this specific part we see a question about why people wear shoes inside their home.
4. Images, visual effects for your audience: you need a separate section for visual content curation. At least it will be of interest to your audience in a different way, as it is much easier to digest, very linkable, and shareable. In this case, we have endless galleries and some sites that can be used even to take content without copyright. So with this, we present The most beautiful pictures of nature in the world, according to Redbook.
5. How to select a large data set in statistics: here we can develop statistics that can be used from large data sets, which provide a lot of value. Investing a lot makes it hard to copy, as well as expensive. We have, for example, a cost-of-living classification by country, or similar statistics that are impossible to copy differently and uniquely, since they have to handle the same information in the most reliable and simplified way possible.
6. Expert Summary: These expert roundups are probably familiar to you. I still find some well-crafted expert raids online even though some people are tired of them. To do so, it is necessary to reduce the topics and avoid including too many experts. You’ve probably read enough opinions once you’ve read twelve in a given subject. Especially when it is a subject that does not bring much discussion or diverse points of view, but rather is about some scientific fact. But whether it’s private or local opinions, it will always be a delight to collect your respective quality information.
7. Drawing up a digestible list from a large amount of information (distillation): It is another with which you will surely be familiar. Curating list-style content is still a fairly new concept, so it can be challenging to succeed with a list-style curated piece of content. It takes more creativity and effort but the possibility is there. An example of this could be The 50 Most Beautiful Places on the Planet, a list article that provides visuals and is relatively easy to read. It clearly explains each place on the list and why the reader should consider the publication to sort their travel wishes, and even includes very specific recommendations that show that the author knows what he is talking about.
Content curation tools
The greatest resource for content curation is you, no doubt. But still, some tools can make this work easier, and there are even free content curation tools. For RSS Feed Managers, for example, we have Feedly or to be aware of quality visual content is Pinterest. A sibling to easily and quickly use a newsletter is with Nuzzel. For text content, there are Pocket, Refind, and Flipboard. However, to search for the most popular content we have BuzzSumo and Anders Pink, although they are sites that stop being free at a certain time or with certain modeling. In another sense, for your content, consider using this Article Rewriter, in addition to this Free Keyword Position Checker, to improve your SEO position and give another meaning to your words, which you might like better.
¡Now is the time to promote your curated content! To reach your intended audience, it is clear that certain pieces of content also require promotion. Sometimes no matter how good your content is, if no one knows, it won’t be seen. And, unfortunately, you’ll be flushing your money down the toilet and wasting your time, which is even more serious. To maximize the impact of your content pieces, make sure you also have a marketing plan.
In a nutshell
If you can improve your SEO by curating content don’t forget to:
- Contribute to the community.
- Make sure you know who you’re talking to.
- When you’re stuck, get inspiration from what others have done.
- Look at the contents you cured.
- It uses free content curation tools and content curation tools, especially.
- You may want to try several contents curating strategies.
- Everyone doesn’t respond in the same way to a formula. Always try something different, never give up, and run.
If you are interested in other tips to position your content in the most appropriate way, you may be interested in these other publications: